Friday, April 5, 2013

"I'm already starting to miss my mission..."

This is an older picture of Elder Henry from almost a year ago, but I hadn't seen it yet and it happened to pop up in his news feed when I was on his facebook accepting friend requests from Brazilians =)

Dear Mom,
     I e-mailed President to see if I could catch a flight on the 9th to get me into Salt Lake City on Wednesday Morning.  I'm sure we'll be able to work something out as its about 16 hours of flight, but I'll be gaining a couple hours on the way back :).  I don't really want to miss my last dinner with President Wright and all the missionaries from my group though.  But we'll see what we can work out.  Although if I fly into Salt Lake, I may never make it back home to Washington ;).  It would be pretty tempting to just land in Salt Lake and go right back to Provo...
     That's crazy that Elder Chadwick is getting married already!  Actually its right on time, about a year and a half since he came home from the mission is a good time to wait.  Well if you don't have someone already waiting for you.
     Yes we do lots of Exchanges down here.  Its a super useful tool that helps you teach a lot more people in a lot less time.
     We've had a pretty good week here.  We didn't really find a whole lot of new investigators as we spent most of our time following up everyday with our current progressing investigators.  We'll have to hit the finding part again this week as we start to drop old investigators and pick up new ones.  I'm really excited for General Conference this weekend, but it seems really strange to me that it will be my last one on the mission.  My time seems really short here, and I don't know if it makes sense, but I'm already starting to miss my mission.      
      I still feel a little bit jipped as I'm only going to have a year and 3 months here in Brasil, but everything will work out for the best right?
     We have 2 baptisms scheduled for this weekend, in-between the Saturday sessions of general conference.  I'm pretty excited as its been some time since the last baptism in January.  Anyways, we have P-day today with the whole zone and we need to get going to not be late.
Love you guys.
Love,
Elder Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sure appreciate your feedback, comments, and love!